Sunday, February 7, 2010

Maybe I Didn't Give Oldman Winter A Fair Shake




I was pretty hard on "Old Man Winter" in my last post. I'll chalk it up to the "winter blahs". I'm not equipped for cold weather paddling anyway. We had a snowstorm roll in Friday night (Feb. 6) that dumped about 21" of snow in our area. When we woke up Saturday morning, I was reminded just how beautiful winter can be. Our little Victorian "Town Of Winding Streets" was transformed into a vision that belonged in a Norman Rockwell painting. Although it's a lot of work digging out from under that much snow, we enjoyed how life's pace seemed to slow down for a while. There were no cars driving up and down the street and no noise. That must have been what it was like when Vandergrift was a new town in the 1890's.











No comments:

Post a Comment